Skip to main content

My Own ADHD Strategies

 Hi!
I'm Caroline and I have ADHD.

Yeah, I OWN having ADHD.

ADHD is a life of paradoxes.  Like.... 

I can get a lot done in a short amount of time, but my sense of time is different than neurotypicals. It's either now...or, not now. That's it!


Ways I manage My ADHD

  1. Calendly
  2. Google Calendar
  3. Wardrobe Simplicity
  4. Amazon Subscribe and Save 
  5. Objects at their point of performance 
  6. Conditions of Success: (Avoiding PDA)
  7. Video calls as much as possible
  8. Label where things go
  9. Put things back
  10. White furniture
  11. Focusmate
  12. My Brain Book
  13. Asana

see the bottom of the blog for elaborated answers    


Things I'm working on: (or struggling with)

  1. Eliminating Choices
  2. Stopping work in order to be on time when I could 'just squeeze in this one more thing'
  3. CLUTTER
  4. The art of getting things done
  5. Administrative assistant
  6. Light Colored furniture
  7. Not picking my face
  8. not binging on food for dopamine



Things that drive me batshit about the system of navigating ADHD

  1. Paper prescription and having to remember where I put them
  2. Why documents have to be stored non-digitally
  3. Doctors that hand me blood work paperwork for 6 months from now and expect me not to lose it, and manage to remember to get the bloodwork done

Calendly

I use calendly to schedule all of my meetings.  Why?
  1. It avoids the back and forth of "when are you free"
  2. It limits the amount of interruptions I get a day with phone calls
  3. I can limit how much 'input' I get each week of new information , which can be really distracting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE truth, MY truth, and BELIEF

When you look at this picture, what do you see? Let me start out with how awesome this picture is. I'm standing on a roof, with this amazing sky, in my wedding dress, with the love of my life on the day I felt most beautiful.  Ever.  My hair was done professionally, my makeup was done professionally. I spent 4 years losing weight to be a healthy and active body.  My hometown is below us, where I am building a dream career.  My husband thinks my part of the picture looks kind of like a beach, with the surf receding off to the right...especially when the photo is in black in white. I'm holding handmade paper flowers, where some pages are pages from a book. Guys.  I CLIMBED ON A ROOF IN MY WEDDING DRESS.  WILLINGLY. I'm standing in the snow, and I can still feel the cold of the snow on my shoes. I remember the moment thinking of how sure I was in choosing a partner, that I was excited to be married and to build our partnership...and life, together.  It was the start

Dear Birth Mother on Mother's Day Weekend:

Dear Birth Mother on Mother’s Day Weekend:  Note: Trigger warning, a myriad of (necessary) emotions, and long <3 --- This weekend will be hard. Mother’s Day is always hard. There’s just no “amazingly awesome way!” to really celebrate the life you gave to the world: the child who is here because of you but isn’t here with you. It’s not really our day, but….it is. This otherness is such a weird place. I know….I live it. If this is your first weekend of Mother’s Day as a birth mother, this will be ridiculously difficult. If you’ve done this whole Mother’s Day weekend for a decade, or what feels like a lifetime, this will be ridiculously difficult. If you have other children at home that call you mom, this will be ridiculously difficult. It’s worse when people don’t acknowledge it, isn’t it? They think if they don’t mention the child you don’t have, it will somehow make it easier on you. They think they’re helping because they don’t want to add pain to your pain. They don’t get it… ….th

Retreat Reflection 2023

  Somewhere along the way, I’ve lost track. The moments that string together retreat to retreat have started to run from individual snapshots of memories into a blended, blurry image where a simple glance makes you feel the completeness of community, growth, and complete wholeness. . . Yet as all these moments churn together, they never fail to have an aftermath that is so memorable that it shocks me with its uniqueness each and every time.  It’s so routine I’ve come to expect the shock, but am always blown away by the freshness of it each time.  Always the same, and yet,  somehow….. . . somehow complete anew. It’s always in the Monday morning after, as I sit wide awake, as I sit in the stillness of the early morning hours– in the stillness of the quiet utter darkness that happens just as the night starts to lighten– that’s when it happens. . . My soul explodes.   . She overflows my heart and floods through every cell of my body, sometimes spilling from my eyes.   . . And the embodim